We all know that touching only the bitter leaf can leave your hands tasting bitter for hours. Not to think of drinking the juice. This is not a fun thing to do and the thought of doing it distaste everyone. But trust me when I say it has sweet health benefits such curing some certain diseases.
As unpleasant as this may be, many still consider it as their number one vegetable. Bitter leaf is supper healthy and it medicinal properties make it to stand out among other vegetables.
For a moment, forget about the bitterness and consider the possibility of living healthy by drinking the juice. Below are the health benefits of bitter leaf.
Health Benefits of Bitter Leaf
Juice from bitter leave is used in treating common ailments and diseases;
- Fertility: when it comes to the reproductive system of a woman, bitter leaf gives it best. The chemical components in it like edotides help to balance the hormone and boost the immune system. Once the genital hormone is restored, the chances of you getting pregnant increase.
- Abdominal Issues: traditionally, it is given to anyone with abdominal issues such as dysentery, diarrhea, stomach upset and other gastrointestinal tract disease. Drinking a cup of the juice can help to relieve you of any stomach problem, even menstrual cramp.
- High blood pressure: the same bitterness in bitter leaf that irritates you is also one of its strongest benefits. The bitterness helps to lower sugar lever and controls the blood pressure. Even in the hospitals, doctors advice hypertensive and diabetic patients to consume the juice because the potassium in it is good for hypertension. Again the presence of potassium prevents the increase of sodium in the bloodstream by flushing out the accumulated salt. Chewing fresh bitter leaf or drinking the juice will drastically reduce the sugar in your blood and help manage the risk of diabetes.
- Weight loss: looking for healthy weight loss juice? Consider drinking bitter leaf juice four times in a week. The components in bitter leaf make it a great therapy for burning fat and losing extra kilos. People who add this leaf in their diet eliminate bad cholesterol, and reduce too much calories in their body. It also contains vitamin B1 which helps in the metabolism of glucose, amino acid, and lipid.
- Cancer: studies show that the anti-cancer properties in bitter leaf like andrographolide compound are effective in treating prostate cancers, colon and gastric cancers. Bitter juice can also boost immune system prevent the growth of tumor and also destroy the development of cancer cells.