Though many people put so much efforts in burning belly fat, the hips are another second problem for most ladies. When it comes to burning fat and toning the hip, it becomes a difficult task to women.
Most times, it looks like all of the food you eat go straight to their hips and thighs. Well, their is no need to worry yourself out if this is your case.
With some healthy diets, good amount of cardio to burn excess fat, you will have a slimmer hips sooner than you expect. All you need is to get ready, put on your workout clothes and get to work.
Here are 5 proven workout that will help you slim down the hip fat:
This is one of the easiest ways to tighten and tone the hips. Stair climbing is an excellent and great cardio workout. Not only will your slim down the hips, it will also help tone your glutes.
If you have access to stairs or live close to a pedestrian (footbridge), this is a time to make use of it.
Start jogging up or running to the top of the stairs, then walk back – that’s simple. Repeat this for 10 minutes 3 times a week – but if you are that strong, you can go every day.
Side leg raise: This exercise strengthens and tone the hips if done correctly
- Lie on your right side (image A).
- Raise up your left leg as high as you can go – image B.
- Pause and then lower your leg back to the starting position.
- Make sure the toes are pointed forward, and your core and pelvis are both engaged.
- Repeat many times for both sides.
Leg lowering: This helps to tone the lower body, including the belly, hip fat and thighs.
- Lie face up on the floor, with arms by the side and your legs raise 90 degrees (image A)
- Tighten your abs and knees slightly bent.
- Keep your legs tightly together and your core engaged.
- Lower your legs and stop before they touch the floor – image B.
- Slowly raise the legs back to the starting position.
- Repeat the process again for as many as you can.
Kickbacks: This is a good leg exercise that strengthens and tone the glute and burn the hip fat
- Stand upright with your feet together and back straight.
- Put your hands on your hips and engaged your abs as seen in picture A.
- Keep the legs straight, lift your left leg, and press it straight behind you like in image B.
- Then squeeze your glutes at the top of the motion.
- Pause, and return to your starting position.
- That’s one rep, do 20 reps for each leg but keep the pace controlled.
Stand and Jog:
- While standing with your feet wider apart mimic the jogging movement but in one place.
- Raise the right knee towards the ceiling, swinging the opposite arm (left) to touch the right knee and left elbow back.
- Continue alternating the feet for the amount of reps you want.
Other ways to slim down the hip fat
Exercise is a great way to keep extra pounds off the body after losing weight. It is also a way to build lean muscle mass and reduce fat in the body. However, it’s important to change your lifestyle too if you’re looking for a way to maximize your weight loss.
- Eat Healthy Food
- Eat enough quality sleep
- Reduce things that stress you
- Drink enough water
- Avoid sugary beverages, food and soft drink
Though it’s impossible to spot-reduce fat in one area of the body, but you can do more of the lower body exercises. The end result will give you slimmer, stronger, and toned hips.
For more on how to lose weight? Click the notification bell.