All over the world people love mango smoothie, we just can’t find anyone who does not like this tasty fruit smoothie.
Mango isn’t just delicious; it has awesome benefits associated with them. It is fat-free with high sugar and dietary fiber. Rich in essential nutrients like vitamin A, B6, folate and vitamin C, mango has a sweet taste and provides a pleasant aroma.
It is considered as “King of Fruits”
Think of many things you can do with this sweet mango fruit. Eat it raw, cook, make juice and as well prepare a healthy weight-loss smoothie with it.
Mango can help you lose weight, only if you eat it within a specific calorie limit. Note it isn’t a weight loss miracle but when you control your portion they form important part of the diet.
However, it has to be coupled with other weight-loss fruits/ingredients to form a complete healthy diet for losing weight.
Here is a healthy diet that can help you eat mango in generous portions and not much less.
- 2 fresh mangoes – peeled and chopped (you can also use the skin)
- 1 inch fresh ginger – grated or mashed
- ½ banana
- 1 medium size cucumber – peeled and chopped (use mint leaves as a substitute)
- 1 lemon or lime
- ¾ cup coconut milk or any skimmed milk
- Pineapple (optional)
- Blend the chopped mangoes, banana, cucumber, ginger, pineapple (if you are using it) and half of the milk until smooth.
- Squeeze the lemon or lime juice while blending to balance the sweetness.
- Pour the thick smoothie-like content into a jar.
- Mix the remaining milk with little hot water and add to the jar.
- Stir vigorously to avoid lumps.
This mango smoothie/milkshake recipe taste so sweet and if you can’t deal with the sweetness use only warm water instead of any kind of milk. It can be taken by anyone even the kids are not left out.
For people on weight loss diet, take at least 1 to 2 times in a weight.