Weight loss smoothies have nutritional powers from different fruits and vegetables. They have amazing ways of adding whole lot of nutrients in one glass. Making smoothie is a way of combining different healthy nutrients directly to the body.
Every smoothie comes with different benefits. Some smoothies such as watermelon smoothie helps to fight cholesterol. Smoothies also boost the energy level in the body, and help you look younger. Majority of these smoothies increase detoxification which helps to prevent cancer, smooth metabolism and as well as promote weight loss.
Smoothies for Weight Loss
Weight gain is as a result of excess consumption of highly processed and unnatural foods. These foods have no nutritional values but rather increases the body’s calorie intake. This in turns causes weight gain.
To prevent this one should avoid or probably reduce the daily intake of processed food and drinks and give in to natural beverages like smoothie.
Smoothies can help you lose weight – depending on the type of ingredients present in that particular smoothie. Adding complex carbohydrate, protein, fiber, vitamin and healthy fat ingredients will make a balance healthy smoothie. Which will help to burn the fat in the body. With this, you get all the necessary ingredients in one glass.
A balance smoothie enhance weight loss by boosting the metabolic and digestive rate. It also fill up the body for hours, and add more energy to the body.
How to make Smoothie
Smoothies are blended using freshly fruits, vegetables and sometimes grasses and herbs. These ingredients contain good amount of fiber, vitamins as well as lovely minerals. Freshly made smoothie ingredients are chosen carefully depending on the reason for the smoothie.
Here is how to make a perfect smoothie:
- Firstly, you need to wash both the ingredients and the blender properly. ( This is to maintain a healthy diet)
- To avoid damaging the blender and to also avoid lumps, the ingredients should be sliced or chop into fine pieces before tossing into a blender.
- Add the ingredients bit by bit. This will give you a fine smooth beverage.
- And blend on a high speed. Add ice, water or natural sweetener, depending on what the recipe requires.
- Drink immediately or store in the refrigerator
Weight Loss Smoothie Ingredients
There are lot of smoothies, but only few of the recipes support weight loss. Some ingredients are better than others and will enhance your weight loss journey in amazing ways. They include:
- Chia seeds: These seeds are packed with omega 3-fatty acids, calcium, fiber, and protein. Chia seeds help in keeping you full, satisfied and curb the appetite level. They also help in detoxifying the body – by absorbing the toxins in the digestion tract. Aside adding to smoothie, chia seeds can be used for weight loss slim tea.
- Vegetable: Such as spinach, cucumber, cabbage, tomatoes, lettuce, kale, carrots, are healthy leafy greens that makes a balance smoothie. They are low in calories, packed with phytonutrients and also rich in fiber. Adding veggies to smoothies will reduce the level of calories in the body.
- Cayenne Pepper: This spice is not only for seasoning food. It has the ability to boost losing weight capacity. Cayenne pepper contain a compound known as capsaicin – that helps to reduce the accumulation of fat and also fights appetite.
- Coconut oil: In as such as am not a fan of it, I still recommend it as a natural sweetener. Coconut oil contain a healthy fat that are used by the body as energy instead of being stored as fat. The nutrients in it help to keep the body energized, satiated and also give a smooth and clear skin.
- Healthy Fruits: Fruits are things you can’t avoid if you want to lose weight. They contain good dietary fiber, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Being natural sources of dietary fiber, fruits will help to reduce your hunger level completely. In terms of weight loss smoothies, some fruits are on top of the list. They are: all melons – (watermelon), pineapple, apple, all berries, apricots, cantaloupe, citrus (orange, lime, lemon and grapefruit), peaches, pears, and grapes. These are the healthy fruits that promote weight loss.
- Cinnamon and Ginger: These spices help to regulate the blood sugar levels. They improves the metabolism of fat and glucose. This can lead to reduction in the level of excess blood glucose level that can result to stored fat. They also help to reduce the amount of stress hormone that leads to weight gain.
- Ice/Water: Some Weight loss smoothie recipes need water or ice to avoid extra calories and to create the right consistency. Water generally, promote weight loss, so the addition of it to the smoothie will aid in achieving a greater result.
Apart from smoothies, there are other natural beverages that can help to reduce excess fat in the body. They include: herbal slim tea, which you can easily prepare at home, and also slimming water that can substitute plain water.